1. Hike the Iao Valley. We love to hike through the rainforest and then swim in the river. In years past we’ve even picked ripe guava’s as we hiked. They weren’t ripe yet this year.
2. Have a cold treat at Ono Gelato on Front Street in Lahaina. I have Passion Fruit and Coconut, both were amazing.
3. Visit the Fabric Mart. It has the most amazing selection of Hawaiian prints. I bought fabric for a quilt for Olivia this time in pinks, greys and greens. I few years ago I made a quilt for myself and the last time we visited, I let the kids pick fabric for their own quilts as well.
4. Swim with Sea Turtles! We always stay on West Maui, and there’s turtles right outside our little condo everyday.
5. Rent a stand up paddle board. We rented this one for the whole week. It might be my favorite activity. It’s a great work out and once you get out of the water, it’s so peaceful.
6. Ride the Sugar Cane Train, especially if you have little ones. Olivia and I had a blast doing this and she is still talking about it.
7. Eat at the Haillaille General Store just outside of Paia. AMAZING food!
8. Enjoy a Pina Colada or even better Coconut Creme Brulee baked in a pineapple at The Hula Grill. There’s always live music and you get to sit with your feet in the sand looking out at Kanapali Beach.
9. Hike the Kapalua Trail from the Kapalua General Store to Kapaplua Bay. The snorkel and swim and Kapalua Bay, it’s one of my favorite beaches.
10. Get up really early and be at Honolua Bay by 6:30am and snorkel the best Maui has to offer. We were lucky enough to get to swim with about a hundred spinner dolphins one morning. On other mornings, we saw manta rays and a 4 foot white tip reef sharks, not to mention thousands of amazing fish.