Ok you guys, this is my first DIY made and photographed in my new studio. I’m soooooo excited to have this space. It’s a nice bright white space, so I needed to add a little green. So a made this 3 Tiered Hanging Planter for a corner of the studio.
Then pick some complimentary colors for the beads and spray paint them.
Now there’s just a little cutting and lots of measuring and knot tying.
1. Begin by cutting 4 pieces of twine that are each 6 yards long.
2. Fold the pieces of twin in half and tie the folded half in one knot together.
3. Divide the twine into 4 pairs of strings. Thread one bead onto each pair.
4. Measure 12″ from the top knot and knot the pairs of string together. Pull the bead down to the knot.
5. Now take one string from a pair and tie it to one string from the pair right beside it. Do this, working in a circle, till all the strings are tied to another string beside them. These knots should be 3 inches from the last knot.
6. Finally, knot all the strings together, 3 inches from the last set of knots.
Repeat Steps 2-6 for the next two plants. When all three spots have been made for the plant baskets, trim the string/twine at the bottom.
Place one basket in each beaded nesting spot and fill with plants. This would work with clay or plastic pots as well. I just liked the look of these little baskets for a little more texture.