Well, you may have seen on my Instagram or snapchat (I’m oleanderandpalm), but we put our house on the market Monday morning! Last week Thursday, we saw a house that we really really loved (I’ll share more about that when I have the keys in my hands), so we decided we wanted to try to go for it. So, Friday we started the process of listing our house and by Monday morning it was on the market. We made an offer on the house we wanted, contingent upon us selling our house and by Wednesday we were in escrow! Holy Cow, that was FAST. But, needless to say, it’s been a crazy week. And hence the blog has been ignored. Showing a house, finishing up a laundry room (which I really wish I wouldn’t have tackled now) and signing soooo many papers took every minute I had.
It’s been a whirlwind of emotions this week. Monday I cried because I wasn’t sure I wanted to leave my cute little house, Tuesday we stressed that we wouldn’t get the house we wanted and then we’d be living in Riley (our vintage trailer), Wednesday we were pumped about the possibilities, but tried to remain cool, Thursday we were in shock, and today we are soooo excited for this new adventure.
We have been itching for some sort of change or adventure. We are only moving a few blocks away, but it feels good to have a new chapter in our lives. You guys, it’s an old house and there’s lots of blogging material. I can’t wait to tell you about this new, old house.
And for your weekend, some reading I think you shouldn’t miss:
- These adorable gold foil heart pins.
- This bedroom and family den makeover have me all heart eyes. The attention to detail and all the textiles and patterns are amazing.
- Can someone invite me over for a pretty party like this one!
- I’m going to need to make one of these pillows ASAP!
- These are some great lighting options that I’m pinning for the new house.
- If you haven’t checked out Earnest Home Co., you need to now.
Happy Friday and I hope you have a fantastic long weekend!