Well, Summer is here in California. Yesterday we hit 95 F and today is supposed to be triple digits. So, shorts and sandals are definitely out and the thought of putting on a swim suit in public has been giving me hives. I was I’ve kind of been in an exercise rut. To change things up a bit, I’ve been swimming laps at our local community pool. The gym definitely wasn’t fun and running was really bothering my joints. I love swimming and kind of forgot that I did. Now, I look forward to my workouts. Imagine that! Lonnie has even been getting up with me a few mornings a week and we’ve been swimming at 5:30 am together. I’m about 3 weeks in and I feel like I’m getting a great workout and my joints aren’t complaining at all.
The only downside is the sun and water draining all the moisture out of my hair and skin. So, I’ve had to up my skin and hair routine. I’ve found a few things that are really helping, so I thought I’d share some of my favorites for Summer Swim + Sun Skin Savers. I’m definitely not a beauty blogger, just a real person with fair, sensitive, and kind of old-ladyish skin. And in true O+P style, these products are all very easy on the budget and almost all of them can be found at Target (because you know that’s the only place I go).
- Conditioning Hair Mask – Not only is the packaging pretty, this hair mask smells so good. I use it at least once a week to help with the pool hair situation.
- Body Scrub – If you want to feel as soft as a baby’s bottom, definitely use this all over your body.
- Facial Oil – Summer of the Girls with Glasses introduced me to this. I don’t ever use lotion now. I LOVE this oil so much.
- Foot Mask – My sister in law gave me one of these for Christmas and oh my do they work well. I live in my Birkenstocks and flip-flops – so dry heals happen. You won’t believe how great your feet look and feel after using this mask.
- SPF Lip Balm – Definitely a winner and so many great flavors.
- Body Brush – Exfoliate exfoliate exfoliate!!!! It’s the name of the game when you are dealing with dry skin. I use a soft brush like this in the shower almost daily to help get rid of dead skin.
- Body Oil – I just started using this last week and I love it! I have very dry skin and I spray this all over my body when I get out of the shower. It smells sweet and soft and doesn’t compete with my perfume. And it moisturizes so much better then just lotion.
- Oil Free Sunscreen – This is my go-to! As a redhead, I’ve tried all the suncreens, believe me. Hawaiian Tropics is oil free and doesn’t feel plastered on and sticky. I even wear this on my face and my very sensitive skin loves it. It also smells the way Summer should smell – a hint of coconut.
Do you have any go-to skin and hair products that I should be trying? I love a good “real person” recommendation.
This post contains affiliate links, but these really are all great products that I 100% use and recommend.