Well, it feels good to have one more “room” done in our house. If you missed yesterday’s post, my little home office is DONE! I’m ready for the weekend. This week was tough. I felt tired, probably because it was non-stop work, but I also felt like I was getting absolutely nothing done at all. Can you relate? Anyways lots of feelings and worries come along with being exhausted and having a long list of things you just can’t seem to get done. But, I’m looking forward to the weekend, even though I’ll still be working. My parents and brother are in town. So, at least I can put them to work as well, tee hee. And it’s guaranteed that I will not have to cook and my mom will make lots of really yummy food. She’s already make 3 loaves of Caramel Apple Monkey Break and is working on a yummy pork chop and wild rice dinner for tonight.
The weather is kind of a boring topic, but this week has been soooo lovely. It reminds me how much a love living in Bakersfield this time of year. I’m so excited for Fall. After a very hard Summer, temps in the 70s and 80s are so welcome. Granted, it’s supposed to be back up to 95 F this week again. But, I’ll take this break from the heat happily. And the best part is that we haven’t had our AC on all week long. Just for some perspective, our electricity bill last month was $600 and we don’t even turn the AC on upstairs. The kids have been camping out in the living room most of the Summer. Well, Denali actually has slept upstairs without an AC all Summer, sometimes her room is 98 F. Ya she’s a tough kid.
My brother and I will be building things this weekend. It’s a really fun local project that we are working on. He’s super talented and I always learn things when I work with him. You can follow along on IG stories for lots of behind the scenes.
Anyways, thats the update on my life lately, whether you wanted it or not. I hope you have a great weekend. And if you have a second, here’s a few things I think you should check out on the internet this weekend:
- I have had so much fun following this kitchen renovation. You guys, Mandi is AMAZING! Go follow her now.
- These necklaces are adorable! I might pick up some supplies when I’m a Home Depot today, ya they are made with hardware store supplies.
- I love this pretty collage wall art. Olivia will be totally into making this, who am I kidding, I want to make one too.
- If you are in the market for a rug, this is a great round up of beautiful neutral area rugs.
- If it’s a shade of green, I’m going to LOVE it!