Don’t worry, I am fully aware that I am by far the furthest thing from a beauty blogger. But, in the last year I have been trying to move towards “cleaner” beauty products, especially the things I put on my face. I know that I love getting recommendations from my friends, sister-in-laws and other bloggers for products that work well and are not full of a tone of unknown chemicals. So, I thought I’d share what I’m using everyday on my face with you. And in true O+P fashion, all of these products are at a very affordable price point, it’s just how I roll.
Now, I know that these products aren’t all 100% perfectly clean or organic, but they are very close. I’m working towards finding the best things for my skin.
These are all the none-make-up things I use on my face. If you like this post, I’ll put together another post with my make-up favorites.
Here’s what I’m using daily:
- ALMAY Eye Makeup Remover Pads – I have used these pads for at least 8 years, nothing takes off mascara like these little ALMAY pads. I love that they save your facecloths from makeup stains. These pads are also oily, which I see as a benefit for my eye area. Any extra moisture I can give my eye wrinkles feels like a good thing.
- Rocky Mountain Soap Co. Fennel + Charcoal Soap – First things first, a clean face it #1. I love so many of Rocky Mountain’s products, but this soap is simple, inexpensive and makes my skin feel squeaky clean.
- Thayers Witch Havel Toner – I use this toner morning and night! The Lavender is my favorite. This toner is alcohol-free and never dries out my face. It leaves my skin feeling fresh and revitalized.
- Trader Joe’s 100% Organic Argan Oil – This product is a new discovery and I love it! And yes, it’s a Trader Joe’s product! I use it on my face and hands almost every night.
- Botanics Facial Oil -This might be my number one favorite product in the bunch. I use it every morning before any makeup. I’m huge face oil fan! When I first heard about it, I was sure it would leave my face oily and prone to breakouts. But, now I can’t see how my face would survive without it now. Good face oils are clean and absorb into your skin unlike any lotion or cream.
- Botanics All Bright Night Cream – This is a new addition to my routine. When I turned 40 last year, there was definitely some panic and lots of night creams were tested out. This one is winning right now. It smells great and the price point is totally affordable.
- Fresh Sugar Sport Sunscreen SPF 30 – This is a wonder stick! I use it on my lips everyday, but it also can be used all over your face and eye area as a sport-proof sunscreen. And in Fresh product style is spells fantastic!
- Bare Minerals Prime Time – This is the most make-up-like product on my list. But, I do wear this daily. I’m always looking for ways to add one more layer of sun protection to my face. So, this primer goes on whether I am wearing make-up or not that day.
Do you have any clean beauty products that you would recommend? I’d love to hear your suggestions.
I know this is a departure from my regular content, but is this interesting or helpful to any of you? I love having your input and feedback.